Significantly whiter teeth are possible using advanced teeth whitening techniques. Both comfortable and affordable, one whitening procedure involves the patient wearing a specially crafted tray for as little as half an hour in order to achieve a surprising difference in a smile.
Staining is caused by numerous factors including:
- age – Wear and tear and stain accumulation darkens teeth over the years.
- starting color – Everyone has an inborn tooth color that intensifies over time.
- translucency and thinness – This is determined genetically and becomes more pronounced with age.
- eating habits – i.e. red wine, coffee, tea and carrots
- smoking – Nicotine leaves brown deposits that soak into teeth.
- drugs/chemicals – Tetracycline (an antibiotic) produces stains during tooth formation.
- tooth grinding – can add to micro-cracking and darkening of biting edges
- trauma – Cracks in teeth resulting from injuries can collect large amounts of stains and debris.
Another whitening procedure – professional tooth whitening (also known as “chairside bleaching”) – usually requires just one office visit. First a light-cured protective layer is painted on the gums to reduce the risk of chemical burns to the soft tissues. Then the whitening agent, carbamide peroxide, is applied to the teeth and enhanced with the use of a laser.
Free Whitening for Life
The Whitening for Life program will keep a person’s smile looking its best—for life! For a nominal fee, custom whitening trays and whitening gel are provided by enrolling in the program. Enrollees will receive a free tube of whitening gel at each six month check up…for life, so long as regular hygiene intervals are maintained.
Call Goers Dental Care to make an appointment to get started on a brighter smile – 630-789-0900.