To Our Valued Patients,
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate the new normal. As many of you know, dental practices have been permitted by the Illinois Department of Health to return to routine dental care and expand beyond dental emergencies. Goers Dental Care will be re-opening to attend to our patients with the utmost standard of patient care that we had in the past while following ADA, OSHA, and CDC guidelines to the best of our ability.
We at Goers Dental Care have been closely monitoring and educating ourselves about the COVID-19 pandemic throughout, and have been discussing routines and other safety protocols to keep you, our staff, and our community safe once we re-open our doors. To keep everyone safe and to abide by social distancing guidelines, Goers Dental Care will be seeing fewer patients in our office at once and will be utilizing longer appointment times to accommodate for extra cleaning pre- and post-visit.
We have worked very hard for your return. The office may look at little different upon your return, however, all the extra protections that we have in place are to keep patient and staff safety as our top priority. A smile behind our mask and cheerful “hello” will let you know we are so pleased to be seeing our patients again.
The following measures will be implemented when we open for practice:
- Pre-screen patients by phone or email 48 hours before the visit by asking about recent travel history and current health.
- Patients will be asked to call our office upon arrival and will be asked to remain in their car instead of coming into the waiting room. Patients will be notified via call that their treatment room is ready.
- Patients will be given a mask, gloves, and a pen for their use upon arrival.
- All patients’ and staff’s temperatures will be taken prior to office entry.
- Patients will be required to wash their hands in the treatment room.
- Patients will be required to rinse with antimicrobial mouthwash before and after treatment.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of our treatment rooms and public areas.
- We have removed reading materials, etc., in the waiting room to ensure less exposure to germs.
- One way hallways: tape on the floor and other signs showing patient and staff traffic flow to enable better adherence to social distancing guidelines.
- Plexi-glass is set up in business offices to limit unnecessary patient/staff contact.
- Centrally located Surgically Clean Air Purifier units in the office for cleaner air for patients and staff.
- Staff will be wearing protective personal equipment. Even though you may not be able to see all of our faces with a mask on, rest assured, we are smiling!
It is important that you do not miss your appointment, arrive late, or cancel less than 48 hours’ notice, as it may be weeks before we can re-appoint you because of the new scheduling.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you!
Goers Dental Care